Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Keyboard I use

Hi, I'm Mike the creator of DiscoverMyBand. Wonder what equipment I actually use on stage? I most often play the keyboard, and I am very particular about the feeling of my keys.
Just read a few reviews of any keyboard on Amazon or any other site, and you'll see some people say "KeyboardY doesn't feel as authentic as keyboardX" and then under keyboardX's comments someone else says it doesn't feel as authentic as keyboardY. It's primarily a matter of opinion, and whether your fingers easily tire with much resistance.
I play the M-Audio ProKeys 88
. Admittedly, I can tell the difference from it to my upright in the back room, but this does not discredit it. It feels convincing and easy to play at different velocities, which is what I need to play music that has some emotion to it. I love the sound quality, the options, and the ease of understanding this keyboard.
The combo of that and it's price range, it's a no brainer to me. To get any keyboard that I would like better would be more than twice the price.

1 comment:

The Information Collector said...

Also, it is very heavy, but you'll find that for good feeling velocity keys, the keyboards get dramatically heavier, and the prokeys has a metal body that is built to last.